Why choose us?
Our team spends a great deal of time custom designing each of our exclusive House Plans from scratch with features and extras you simply won’t find in other spec houses. We have a team of trades and partners that have 30+ years’ experience in building/construction and real estate industry. We also have our own personal team of cabinet designers/makers that will make sure your kitchen is designed to the highest quality and trends.
What is considered an “Extra”?
Extras are a dollar value that is associated with elements or materials in the home that a client might want to upgrade. To be an “extra” this would not be included in the original budget of the project.
Example: The contractor has a specific dollar amount allowed for hardwood, tiles, etc. If the client wants to upgrade to a more expensive type of tile and/or hardwood, this would be considered an “extra” and can be added to the final sale price or paid directly to the suppliers that provide the upgrade. Good communication with your builder is key. In our initial meeting we will create a “schedule” for all materials with a list of our suppliers.
Does a new house come with a warranty?
Yes. We provide a 7 year new home warranty. The warranty date starts on your closing date. Full details of the warranty will provided and a copy will be emailed directly to you once activated.
Are there any rules & regulations?
Yes. There are two types of rules and regulations:
- The City of Moncton has by-laws that need to be followed as part of “living in the city”.
- The developer sets covenants for the street that need to be followed. A copy will be provided to your lawyer to review as part of your agreement of purchase and sale.
- You can visit the City of Moncton website for more information.
What is the inspection process like?
The City of Moncton provides a 4 stage inspection process. They include:
- Pre backfill inspection
- Framing inspection
- Pre-Drywall inspection
- Pre-Occupancy inspection
More details can be found here.
What are some things that the homeowner needs to know before the closing date?
- Transfer of utilities. As a contractor, we will keep the electricity in the home until closing date. Make sure to call NB Power at least 1 week prior to moving to avoid any delays.
- Locks: We will change the locks and provide a key to our lawyers’ office ready for transfer so that you’re ready to move in on closing.
- Final Walkthrough: A final walkthrough of the home will be scheduled a few days prior to closing. We will go through each room and make sure everything is finished properly as per agreement.